Customer Service – International
Highland Forwarding is an International freight forwarder based in Londonderry, NH. We offer a challenging and rewarding career in a fast paced environment. Highland recognize that our employees are our greatest asset and we strive to offer a great work environment along with excellent benefits, long-term earnings, and career potential. Our benefits include medical, dental, company contribution to IRA, plus generous vacation allowance to name a few. If you like a challenging and rewarding career in a fast paced environment this is the right job for you.
The International Customer Service Representative is responsible for accurately quoting and processing international import / export shipments by air and ocean. Customer service is our top priority as suggested by our motto “We Take Care of You”. The International Customer Service Representative is responsible for our client happiness and must constantly strive to deliver exceptional service to each and every client.
Previous freight forwarding experience is not required – we are willing to train the right individual. Qualified candidates must be energetic and eager to learn. He/She must be self-motivated and have the ability to prioritize and manage their time efficiently to complete tasks by the assigned deadline.
- Be the main point of contact for the client, address all inquiries from the client, and keep them appraised of shipment status
- Coordinate timely shipments at the most cost effective price possible while maintaining our high standards for customer satisfaction
- Prepare accurately any required shipping documents
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise and keep in constant communication with the client to ensure they are informed at all times until there is a resolution
- Provide back up support to other teammates
- Coordinate with accounting to ensure accuracy
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to be able to clearly and concisely communicate information and instructions to clients, vendors, and co-workers
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic
- BA / BS required
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with vendors and clients worldwide
- Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
- Team player
- Second language is a plus, but not required
- Ability to troubleshoot and find solutions
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
Among Benefits Offered:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Matching retirement savings plan